In today’s show…
We discuss shortcuts, tips, and tricks for makeup to apply and appear the way we want. Our conversation is informal, with topics generally covered as follows:
- Lipstick and concealer to avoid ‘resting bitch’ face as per Lisa Eldridge (video link in Show Notes), at 6.14 min
- Lipliner, at 10.14 min
- Concealer around eyes, at 11.58 min
- Translucent powder on upper lids, at 15.52 min
- How not to apply eyeliner, at 18.53 min
- Lower lid eyeliner, at 22.40 min
- Foundation as extended moisturizer/sunscreen, at 27.16 min
- Highlighters and contour, at 36.05 min
- Lipstick as blush, at 45.07 min
- Foundation and concealer in the T-zone, at 48.27 min
- A lipstick brush, at 53.00 min
- Brow wax separate from colour, at 57.22 min
- Lighting, at 1.02 hr
Duration total: 1.13 hr
Find us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube by navigating to Chrysalis Colour Analysis, and on LinkedIn at Christine’s profile page at Christine Scaman.
Episode 24: Christine and Jorunn’s Makeup Hacks
The links for products discussed in today’s show:
Lisa Eldridge video on avoiding resting bitch face is here at YouTube.
Smashbox lid primer is here at Smashbox.
@eyegirlmd on Instagram for information on eyeliner application.
BLUEPRINTS Imperfect eyeshadow is here in the Shop at 12 BLUEPRINTS.
BLUEPRINTS Transformer is here in the Shop at 12 BLUEPRINTS.
L’Oréal Infallible Super Slim eyeliner is here at L’Oreal Paris USA. (note, Christine uses Gray on lower lid and Black on upper, both in the thinnest possible line, or gray on both lids for casual wear. In order, apply primer to face first (Cover Girl TruBlend Mattifying) and primer to upper lids (Smashbox above), then apply lower lid liner, next foundation on entire face, then translucent powder to face and upper lids, then upper lid liner and continue with rest of makeup application).
Maybelline Master Chrome Jelly highlighter is here at Maybelline. (note, Master Chrome Metallic is a different product; while I have not tried it, the shine appears less finely milled)
Inglot Aquastic eyeshadow is here at Inglot.
First Aid Beauty Coconut Smoothie Priming Moisturizer is here at First Aid Beauty.
BLUEPRINTS Clear Brow Wax is here in the Shop at 12 BLUEPRINTS.
Clamp light, an example here at Home Depot.
Non-specific bulb for clamp light: Philips 100W (14W) LED Indoor A19 Non-dimmable Daylight (5000K)
Yuji International Lighting Information page.
Find a colour analyst near you by choosing Colour Analysts in the menu bar at the top of the page.
The Season Cycle:
Your Podcast Hosts: